Senior Contracts Administrator
Job Name: Senior Contracts Administrator –SCA-REA/02
الشركة : ريم الإمارات للألمنيوم والزجاج (ذ.م.م), أبوظبي
- To Prepare contracts documents (especially of Vendors) incorporating the effects of all negotiations, clarifications and qualifications.
- To provide assistance as and when required to all Departments of the company in al contractual matters from inception of the Project till close-out of contracts.
- Contract Review, Contractual Correspondence, Change Order Management, Claims and safeguarding company interests.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge and application of Construction Contracts in their administration, together with advising on good construction techniques with their application for the benefit of the Company.
- Prompt and clear identification/summary of all commercial risks, together with providing suitable and timely advice to the contract and other Senior Management in the avoidance/mitigation of unnecessary additional expense to the Project, as well as advice on most appropriate course of action.
- Review and analysis of Tender Contract Conditions for contractual risks / related matters and issue to the Head of Contracts for his input / approval and onward submission to the Estimation Department.
- Review Subcontract Requisition documents for completeness in terms of Technical and Commercial information required for preparation of Agreements.
- Review of all relevant Site correspondence and implementation of all necessary steps in protection of the Company’s commercial interests.
- Review and Final approval of all Monthly Interim Progress Payment Applications including VO accounts, EOT claims and additional monies to ensure provision of all substantiated documentation to maximize cash flow.
- Review and Final approval with PD/PM of monthly Commercial Report in conjunction with Site Contracts Team and monitoring of projected Cash flows with Project Planner.
- Attending all/any Site Progress meetings and Contractual / Commercial discussions with the Engineer/Employer whenever and wherever required.
- Review and liaison with Technical & Procurement Departments on all Supplier and Subcontract Agreements together with the provision of Project specific advice to encompass all contractual requirements.
- Ensuring all measures is taken to avoid unnecessary contractual disputes.
- Maintain an overview of contractual key dates / milestones particularly where relevant to Liquidated Damages.
- Preparation of Principle Project specific and contractual Extension of Time and Claims’ presentations, narratives and evaluations including detailed delay analysis.
- Resolving all/any contractual issues with Main Contractors, Subcontractors and Suppliers while liaising with Project Team.
- Support the Construction / Project Managers in the specialized area of contractual matters.
- Evaluate risks of tender conditions on contractual and costing matters for discussion. Issue a risk evaluation report prior to the sign off on the contract
- Support the close-out of contracts and maintain overview list.
- Liaise with Operations/Commercials Departments for gathering / finalizing the Technical/Commercial information required to be incorporated in Agreements.
- Preparation of Letters of Intent / Letters of Award / Subcontract Agreements / Variation Orders (based on the Department’s Template Agreements) and other related contractual correspondences for review by Head of Contracts.
- Responsible for handling pre-award comments / clarifications and finalizing the Agreement with Subcontractors and other Vendors in coordination with the Head of Contracts through negotiations.
- Processing Advance Payment and Pre-Final & Final Payment requests and preparation of payment recommendation in accordance with contract conditions for review by Head of Contracts and submission to the Accounts Department.
- Provide post-award contract administration support (recommendation on contractual issues with Clients / Vendors) to Project Teams as and when required / assigned by the Head of Contracts for his review and onward submission to Project Teams.
Education/Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering & Quantity Surveyor /MRICS is preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum 5+ years of experience in Contract Administration & Management or a related industry is recommended.
- Civil related or Façade industry related
- Standard Forms of Contract e.g. FIDIC
- QS & Project Management
- Knowledge and understanding of the legal requirements involved in specific contracts
- Contractual Letter Writing skills, Claims Preparation etc.
- Analytical Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Attention to detail